If it seems like I’m on some kind of unofficial summer vacation, I’m not; I’ve just been really busy. More on that in a later post, though. Besides neglecting this blog, I’ve been severely neglecting my Instapaper queue (fortunately there’s no Google Reader unread count to stress me out).
Anyway, I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone by dropping some “what I’d like to be reading” links:
- ProPublica’s website redesign puts “future of context” ideas to work | Nieman Journalism Lab
- How often should I update [my website]? | SNA webcast wrap-up
- Circling the Drain | Digital Journalist
- Excerpt: “Newspapers are trapped between two worlds. They can’t offer a viable online service because they can’t spend enough on staffing. Meanwhile, they’ve lashed themselves to a sinking ship that they’re bailing out by tossing journalists overboard. Of course, this drives readers away, causing the ship to sink faster.”
- 5 things journalists should learn from bloggers | BetaTales
- Hmm…I’ve heard a rant like this before.
By the way, way more going on over on my Tumblog.