If you’re like me, you bookmark way too many pages for later reading each week than you actually have time for. I use Instapaper for said over-bookmarking.
Just because I can’t read everything, though, doesn’t mean you can’t, and if you find anything particularly interesting at any of these links, I’d love if you’d come back and leave a comment to let me know.
I’ve done this once before — offered up my Instapaper items — and I’m thinking of making it a regular Friday thing. Let me know if you’re into that in the comments. (Note: This week’s cache is actually an accumulation of the last several weeks.)
Without further ado…
Flickr photos I almost used in blog posts
- All Nippon Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliner JA801A ZA101
- Conversation by Patrick Bohnen
- In Everyday Use
- Bonus: StuckInCustoms.com. Trey Ratcliff, the guy who runs this site, told me on Google+ that he’s OK with you using any of the photos there on your blog, so long as you credit him by name and link back. Great stock photography resource.
- Bonus: How to Organize Your Digital Photos
- Logo Design Process Case Study – How to Create a Logo
- 7 Quick Ways to Turn Your LinkedIn Profile into a Social Media Marketing Workhorse
- 3 Things Recruiters Check For On Your Social Media Profile
- The Rookie Mistake that’s Holding You Back
- 5 Tips To Build An Amazing, Personal Twitter Brand
- Diigo (A possible Delicious replacement I’m looking at)
- How to Fix Internet Embarrassments and Improve Your Online Reputation
- Twitter and TV Get Close to Help Each Other Grow
- About Gmail’s new look
- 9 Things You Need To Know About The New Gmail
- Ticketmaster CEO On Brand Hatred: “People Want To Eat My Kids They’re So Angry”
- The Longform.org Guide to Kidnapping: The best stories about Patty Hearst, Elizabeth Smart and other infamous abductions.
- Google Puts A Price On Privacy
- Four ideas from news geeks that all geeks should know about
- The Reader’s Lament
- Director’s Cut: Silent Season of a Hero — An annotated version of Gay Talese’s classic Esquire profile of Joe DiMaggio
- 32% More Engagement On Facebook During The Weekend
- Why More of Your Facebook Fans are Seeing Fewer of Your Messages
- Facebook’s Study of Journalist Page Engagement Reveals Page Post Best Practices
- Unlike: Why Facebook Integration Is Actually Antisocial
- Study: Auto posting your Facebook updates hurts engagement
- Does Using a 3rd Party API Decrease Your (Facebook) Engagement Per Post?
- Study: Auto-Posting to Facebook Decreases Likes and Comments by 70%
- Facebook’s New Tools Give Marketers Insights, Help Measure Fans’ Word Of Mouth
- The Most Incredible 3D Time-Lapse Yet Is a Beautiful Love-Letter to San Francisco
- Astonishingly Lovely Illustrations from the 1949 Alice in Wonderland Edition
- The 25 Most Ridiculous Tweets From @GuestsFromHell
- 40 Tips, Tricks and Projects About Paint (Note: Real paint, not Microsoft)
- Journalism Warning Labels