My friend Imelda Dulcich shared a great post yesterday in which the central thesis was that planning a Facebook page is like planning a garden: You should have an idea of what you want it to look like before you start.
Gardening is also a nice analogy for social media in general:
- Like Imelda said, it takes planning and forethought.
- It requires you to tend to it constantly.
- It’s never really “done.”
- It’s on display for everyone to see, at all times.
- If you cut corners, people will notice.
Think about that. Think of your social presence as your little garden, and think about how you treat it. How does your garden look? Is it how you want it? What do you want?
Good stuff to think about this spring.